Wow! This is dairy-free, vegan, guilt-free and simple dessert I've ever made: frozen banana + cocoa powder. That's it. Bananas contain prebiotic fibre to increase gut bacteria, reduce bloating and moderating blood sugar levels. Cocoa powder contains more antioxidants than green tea or red wine, reduces risk for diabetes/heart disease and stroke and has a powerful anti-inflammatory effect. Guilt-free and dairy-free, I'd suggest using a food processor or a high-end blender.
- 2 frozen bananas (freeze ripened bananas without skin prior for at least 2 hours)
- 2-3 tbsp cocoa powder
1) Break bananas in half or quarters and place in food processor/blender and pulse until smooth.
2) Add cocoa powder and blend together until mixed. Keep scraping down sides. Enjoy!
Serve immediately for "soft serve" as shown in the photo. I personally preferred this consistency. You can also freeze this batch for an hour to firm it.
Add extra toppings (optional) to change the flavours
- berries or other fruit (mango in photo)
- nuts/coconut flakes (roasted, candied, etc.) or nut butter into the food processor/blender
- dark chocolate bits or cao cao nibs
- cookie chunks or brownie pieces
Alana Chin Lue
I am a holistic health and reiki practitioner finding inspiration and wisdom through personal development, health and wellness, spirituality and life.