Duration to prepare: 10 minutes
Total time: 30-40 minutes
Here's a great way to use your ripe banana featuring chia seeds in a healthy dessert! Chia seeds are the powerhouses of nutrition! They contain ample amounts of fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, protein with essential minerals and antioxidants. Chia seeds greatly aid digestion, while preventing against heart disease and diabetes. They are so easy to sprinkle on salads, smoothies, oatmeal and dessert!
- 3 tbs of chia seeds
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
1) Mash up your banana with a fork into a bowl or container and add your chia seeds.
2) Add the rest of your ingredients and stir everything together.
3) Store in fridge for 30 minutes or more until the chia seeds start to expand with the liquid. Enjoy!
Alana Chin Lue
I am a holistic health and reiki practitioner finding inspiration and wisdom through personal development, health and wellness, spirituality and life.