Duration: 30 minutes approximately
Here's a quick and healthy meal that will fill up your tummies while giving you protein and energy! The ingredients balance each other nicely, while the parsley adds a fresh flavour and texture to the mix. I've found lemon and tamari complement each other well, and I've even used this pairing in creating pasta dishes.
- 1 whole swiss chard
- 1 parsley
- 1-2 medium tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cans of red beans
- 1/2 squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp basil
- 2 tablespoons of tamari or soya sauce
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
1) Cut and wash swiss chard, tomatoes, onions, parsley into bite sized chunks.
2) Add oil to large pot and heat up to medium heat.
3) Add tomatoes and onions and stir for 2 minutes. Then add swiss chard, lemon juice, basil and tamari sauce until swiss chard is wilted.
4) Add the parsley and beans and stir for another minute. Turn off the stove and serve.
Alana Chin Lue
I am a holistic health and reiki practitioner finding inspiration and wisdom through personal development, health and wellness, spirituality and life.