Use a blender
Makes 1- 2 servings
Spirulina is highly recommended for working out. Seriously! It packs a punch with essential amino acids, antioxidants, calcium, minerals, icon, protein, B, C, D and E vitamins. Just one ounce contains 39 grams of protein alone. It's excellent for detoxing heavy metals, preventing cancer, alleviating allergies, lowering blood pressure, losing weight, reducing cholesterol and increasing endurance and decreasing muscle damage from exercise. It's one of the most nutrient dense foods on earth! Please check your family doctor whether it's safe to take spirulina. People with autoimmune disease and pregnant or nursing women may have complications taking this supplement.
Yes, it's an algae and not the most palatable. The best way to drink it is to hide in a smoothie!
- 2 tablespoons of spirulina
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup of blueberries or mixed berries
- 1/4 steel cut oats (soaked in water)
- 1-2 tbsp. of nut butter (peanut, almond, cashew - your choice)
- Almond or any nut milk
- 2 generous tablespoons of kefir or plain yogurt
- 1 soaked date ( but I find that the fruit adds enough sweetness)
- 1 tbsp. raw cacao, unsweetened dark cocoa or carob powder
- 1-2 tbsp. flax seeds/hemp hearts or chia seeds
1) Place all ingredients together into a blender and blend. Pour enough milk for your preferred thickness.
2) Pour into a nice smoothie cup and enjoy! Flex some muscles while at it.
Alana Chin Lue
I am a holistic health and reiki practitioner finding inspiration and wisdom through personal development, health and wellness, spirituality and life.