Gluten-free, vegan, asian flavour inspired!
Who knew cauliflower rice could be a healthy substitute to regular rice? Cauliflower lends to a neutral taste, where it soaks up all the flavours beautifully while being low in carbs. "Ricing up" cauliflower in a food processor can be messy, and riced cauliflower can be also bought in a grocery store in the frozen section.
- medium head of cauliflower
- small 1 inch ginger chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic chopped finely
- 1-2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- sprinkle of pepper
- peas (or other stir fry veggies: bok choi, carrots, celery, scallion)
- 2 clementines peeled and separated
- handful of black sesame seeds
1) Wash, de-core and chop cauliflower into small pieces and place into a food processor and pulse until it is the texture of rice.
2) Heat up a wok or large pan with cooking oil. Saute garlic and ginger on low heat.
3) Add riced cauliflower, and saute on medium-high until crispy for around 4 minutes. Add tamari/soy sauce, pepper, peas or other stir fry veggies of choice and cook together for another 3-5 minutes.
4) Turn off heat and add the clementines and black sesame seeds.
5) Feel good that you added more veggies to your diet and enjoy!
Alana Chin Lue
I am a holistic health and reiki practitioner finding inspiration and wisdom through personal development, health and wellness, spirituality and life.